[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Happy Anniversary To The Partridge Family

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Happy Anniversary To The Partridge Family Reply with quote

Yay! 37 years ago tonight, The Partridge Family premiered on ABC-TV, Friday Night, September 25, 1970 at 8:30 PM. It started what is arguably the best "Must See TV" lineup televison had ever seen.

I'll try and update The Partridge Papers/NEWS section with some fun premiere info, photos and other fun stuff sometime this week. :D

Till then, here's an ABC Network promo for their Friday Night line-up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faOhXHNM4yM

Here's another for ABC, 1970:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE_G6OQy_u0

By the way, I believe that's William Schallert (Red Woodloe) as the announcer. And, if my ears are in tune, it's the Bahlers, et al singing ABC's Fall jingle, "Let's Get Together." Very Happy
Rugger57
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Scott, for directing us to the Youtube site for this snippet of the 70's. It really made my heart feel good to see and experience these images of a gentler and more loving time. How I wish I could take a time machine back and relive those times once more. Life just isn't like that now.

Thanks again!
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheng's birthday is today too.
Talk about never forgetting your wife's birthday. Laughing
BTW, she was born less than four hours before the premier.
Now that's what I call close. Shocked

Darryl
JH
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sept 25 1970, My brother and sister and I, was sitting in front of our Admiral TV in our little wooden rocking chairs that my mom purchased from the collection of all of those Green Stamps. I distinctly remember the premier episode and of course all of those that followed. Smile
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Sept 25, 1970 Reply with quote

I can't believe I posted in the wrong place! Sad
AarHandy3
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Happy Anniversary To The Partridge Family Reply with quote

A belated Happy 37th Anniversary to Shirley, David, Danny, Reuben and the rest of the gang! Very Happy Smile Surprised Cool Laughing Razz Wink

I once read that 1970-71 was a horrendous season for ABC. Of the many, many shows that debuted (The Young Rebels, The Young Lawyers and Barefoot in the Park never even made it beyond midseason!), Partridge Family and The Odd Couple (which, interestingly, debuted the night before PF) were the only big hits of that fateful fall. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: