[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Oh Danny
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amy, is it possible you're just sick and tired of Danny's previous over-the-top antics and don't want to give him the benifit of the doubt this time? None of us were there, and I don't think anyone is so enamoured with him to give him "pass after pass." That's sorta-kinda insulting. I think we have a lot more on the ball than to look at him through rose-colored glasses, no??

From the series of ten photos in the AOL story I linked to, it looks like Fairplay's claim that "he attempted to hug the VH1 star, only to have an unprovoked Bonaduce grab Fairplay and flip him face first onto the stage." is a load of crap. That dry hump isn't any hug I've encountered. (At least not while standing up and clothed. Laughing Laughing Laughing )

From the photos, I tend to believe Danny when he said,
Quote:
"He leaps into the air and straddles me
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! The first NEWS/Partridge Papers story since March 2007!

http://www.cmongethappy.com/blog/

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I'm getting a kick out of this story -- i dunno why. Here's a blurb I found on another blog that I thought was funny.

Quote:
Danny Bonaduce threw Survivor contestant Jonny Fairplay last night while Fairplay was introducing an award at the FOX Reality Really Awards. Fairplay was getting booed by the audience and when Bonaduce got on stage to let him know he sucked, Fairplay decided this would be a good time to jump on Danny and hump him. Apparently Danny disagreed, because he dropped Fairplay on his face, causing him to lose a few teeth and break a toe. Although I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. It's not like Danny Bonaduce kicked a box of kittens down the stairs. When somebody jumps on your face and humps you, you throw them off. That's what you do. If anything somebody should be giving Danny Bonaduce an award. An Academy Award. For acting. Or a Nobel Prize? I dunno. What am I, some sort of awards expert?

NOTE: The video contains a small amount of violence. If it offends you, you might want to get off the internet and go back to your coloring book.

UPDATE: America's Next Top Model winner Adrianne Curry says on her blog that she's responsible for the fight and that she's the one who encouraged Danny Bonaduce to go up on stage. And really, how can you not take the word of a woman who looks this intelligent:

Last edited by Scott on Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. Although I was tired of his antics before, I still think he caused the situation by going out there when he should not have. What did he expect? He had to know something stupid would happen. The man has no clue about cause and effect. If you look at his myspace you will see, his fans defend his behavior. They think he's great. Although I do think in the past fans here have given him a buy on some of his behavior, I do not necessarily mean fans HERE.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe my expectations/opinions of a Reality TV and a Reality TV Awards show in particular as well as the people that participate, is lower than yours. Laughing Laughing After all, we're talking about people that wrestle midgets, marry Bradys, eat monkey brains, live with strangers, etc. etc. etc. Laughing :lol:

It's like going to England and complaining that it rained. Um hellllooooo??!! What did you expect? Laughing Laughing What's that saying? "I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out?" :lol:

Now, if this were an event with more prestige and an audience with IQ's higher than gnats, maybe I'd be more outraged.

The worst part of all this is there's some TV "executive" somewhere thinking there should be another "celebrity" wresting match on TV. Just watch. Rolling Eyes
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outrage is a strong word! I am not outraged. I am just disappointed Danny's behavior is so classless.
partridgepal
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There may be no excuse for any of this behavior...but it was the show's producer that told Danny to go ahead and go onstage and heckle the guy.....personally I think that guy is a big jerk anyways....not excusing the behavior but Danny DID turn and walk away.....the other dude called him back, took several steps back and leaped on him with a running start....I feel he precipitated what happened to him....if anything, I think it is unfair for him to sue....he is equally responsible for what happened to him....I do not think Danny intentionally hurt him....I would have pushed him off too....what he did was extremely childish......HE made it physical and I would be surprised if the court cannot see this for what it is....just my opinion.......

Partridgepal Smile
partridgepal
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott, the remark about the "dry hump was never a hug you ever encounted while clothed" still has me laughing.....that was TOO much!!! Hahahhahhhahahha!!!!

You guys never cease to make me laugh! Thanks for the bright spot in my day!!!!

Hahahahhahaha!!!!!

Still laughing.........
Partridgepal Laughing
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The person who told Danny to go onstage was Adrianne Curry, a.k.a., Mrs. Peter Brady. Not a producer. This is what Adrianne says in her blog anyway...she's taking credit for goading Danny into this.
Dee
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw on FOX news that the Los Angeles D.A. is not going to press charges against Danny. He said that it was self-defence.

Dee
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read there was insufficient evidence. It's proably fair, since theywere both idiots.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prosecutors Won't Break Bonaduce

Danny Bonaduce will not face charges for an alleged random act of badness against Jonny Fairplay.

Bonaduce's in the clear
Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This incident aside, I'm just disappointed in Danny all the way around. Yes, he had a terrible childhood at the hands of a monsterous father. The PF was, by his accout, the best thing that ever happened to him. I guess his adult life bears that out b/c it continues to be his biggest claim to fame - certainly the most credible, IMHO. What I have maintained since, heck, since Danny and I were about 14 years old, is that he is very intelligent, articulate, and even talented guy. There are parts of his life in whilch he is very disciplined. Other parts he has let become a wasteland, so it's sad to me he could translate his very disciplined side to all aspects of his life. I just wish that a very long time ago, he had seen more in himself and made some better decisions. This latest thing is just the last in a long line of bad publicity. He's no better than getting into fights with the likes of Johnny Fairplay these days, but a long time ago, he could have been.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: