[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Lesbian Bradys? Don't Believe It

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Lesbian Bradys? Don't Believe It Reply with quote

Can you believe the crap papers will print in order to sell rags??? Eveyone knows it's not true. It was Alice having the affair with Tiger! That's the "E! Not-So-True Hollywood Story." Laughing And, if I have to read that "story" about Greg and Carol Brady being romantically involved one more time, I'm gonna puke. It's as old as "The Partridges don't live here anymore." :lol:

Lesbian Bradys? Publisher Denies Report
Says Actress' Book Will Dish Dirt, but Shoots Down Report It Details Affair with TV Sister

By HANNA SIEGEL
Sept. 22, 2007

The book publisher for Maureen McCormick, who played Marcia Brady on the 1970s sitcom "The Brady Bunch," is shooting down rumors that she had a lesbian on-set affair with co-star Eve Plumb, who played her younger sister Jan.

The story of the alleged lesbian affair started circulating the Internet Friday, and was picked up by at least one newspaper on Saturday.

The reported source of the story was McCormick herself in her new tell-all book, "Here's the Story," slated to come out next year.

But the book's publisher said, though there are plenty of other revelations in the book, a lesbian affair is not one of them.

"We are verifying that it is not true," said Debbie Styer, senior vice president of group publicity at William Morrow, the book's publisher. "The real story of what happened in [McCormick's] life and behind the scenes of the show will all come out when the book comes out."

It should no longer be a revelation to fans of the show that life behind the scenes was not as wholesome as the scripted half-hour plots.

Barry Williams, who played oldest brother Greg Brady, revealed in his 1992 autobiography, "Growing Up Brady," that he had been romantically involved with both his TV mom Florence Henderson and with McCormick.

But, according to a press release, there is still more dirt to dish.

McCormick describes being put in "dangerous situations" and being "exploited." She also discusses struggles with eating disorders, drug addiction and depression.

"Though I may never completely win this battle," she writes, "I will never lose.
Dee
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Comcast and it has been on the front page all morning. It also was on FOX news.
Dee
KellyDean
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just some sick publicity for her book. Notice how EVERY celeb is in the news before they have a TV show, movie, CD, or book coming out?

I too am sick of hearing Barry was romantically involved with Florence. He wasn't. She just went out with him once to be nice. He was a kid then. Yes it is almost as old as "The Partridge's don't live here anymore" and also how Danny lost is virginity to a David Cassidy groupie.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always though thought the lesbian relationship among the Bradys WAS Barry Williams and Florence Henderson! Wink Laughing
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Well, after watching him box Danny B., I'd have to agree, He certainly had "man-breasts." Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Yep! If only he had had them 20 years earlier, he wouldn't have lost that role in Personal Best to Mariel Hemingway!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: