[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

David and the Partridge Family Fan Club recordings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rugger57
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: David and the Partridge Family Fan Club recordings Reply with quote

I just found the funniest thing on the net!

I was browsing the Partridge Family section on Google and found the recorded messages for Tiger Beat's David Cassidy Fan Club AND Tiger Beat's Partridge Family Fan Club. They play the entire fan club records, as well as have the photo's of the records the vocals were taken from. The Partridge Family recording was from the second season club.

It's interesting how scripted it all sounds, and EVERYONE mentions Tiger
Beat magazine, their coluimns in it....Shirley mentions FAVE, and her column there.

I used Google and went to page 11 and it's there under WFMU's Beware Of The Blog. Mine was at the very END of page 11.
Randy64
Official Bus Driver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip, Rugger! I found the recordings you mention. I love it! I don't think I've ever heard them before.

Here's a link:http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2007/01/365_days_4_davi.html

Caution: There is some "adult" language on this link from one of the bloggers.
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Records Reply with quote

I wonder what happens if you play them backwards?

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Dean-o
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so cool, I still have this record, and in fact the entire fan club kit inside the envelope it came in. Although my copy does not sound as clear as this recording does.

Dean-O
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THese are so cool.

My parents discouraged us participating in this sort of thing when I was a kid so I never heard these before.

While the site is obviously posting them to be snarky, I'm glad these were found here so I could enjoy them and bookmark them.

(now if I could just download them) Wink
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rugger57, I can't tell you how much I appreciate this link. Listening to this today almost brought tears to my eyes! Seriously!

When I was a kid, a cousin of mine was visiting, and my mom made me play with her while the adults sat around and pounded back a few. So I showed my cousin Moira all of my prized possessions. My first issue of Archie Comics Digest, my souvenirs from vacations. AND my Partidge Family fan club record, which I had pressed in an encyclopedia to keep it flat.

After she and my aunt and uncle left, I discovered that everything I showed her was gone! She stole everything! Years later, when I saw her again, I asked her about it and she said she just threw everything out the car window once they hit the highway. Nice.

Last I heard, she had become a hooker. I love karma.

Anyhoo, I've occasionally checked ebay and never found that fan club record again. I found a few other PF artifacts which I have bought, but the fan club record has always eluded me. Until today.

Again, thanks. I feel as though you've brought a piece of my happy childhood back to me.

:-)
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man what a blast from the past! I joined the PF fan club in the first season. I had the membership card for a long time but lost the other stuff around the time our family moved in 1972.

Shirley mentions she hoped to have the Partridge Family make some personal apperances. Does anyone know if this came to be? Not as a singing group of course, but for meet and greets?

Ed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: