[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

The audience

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:54 am    Post subject: The audience Reply with quote

I was watching some, episodes from season one and I noticed that in some of the episodes, while they're doing the musical numbers that now and again when, they show the audience they show the audience from the pilot episode. This occurs in episode 9, 13 & 14. Why is this, was it some edit or what. I'm sure that I'm not seeing things.

Can someone help me with this, as I'm a bit puzzled why this particular clip was used on these three occassions. Confused Confused Confused

Laura
Randy64
Official Bus Driver

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good observation, Laura! I imagine the clip was reused to save money. When these shows were created no one anticipated VHS or DVD which has allowed fans to scrutinize episodes in their homes. Originally, they expected each episode would only be viewed a few times and no one would ever notice the recycled clips.
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: The Audience Reply with quote

Thanks for explaining that to me Randy64, I wasn't going mad then because to be honest I thought I was. I've watched these episodes several times, and it was really driving me mad. Like you said Randy64 they didn't expect these shows to be seen, on DVD or video some thirty odd years later. Tnanks again for the explanation.

Laura
JMAR5
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't that funny how they kept using that same audience clip over and over. After all how did the Partridges headline at Caesars Palace after just recording their 1st album and being an unknown act? You gotta love this show, it's too GOOD.

I think the Brady's also used that same tactic of re-playing an audience scene over and over.
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: The Audience Reply with quote

Yeah it's really weird isn't it The first time I saw these particular episodes, I thought I was seeing things - that or going mad, now I know I wasn't. I knew I was seeing the same audience because, I recognised the woman in the green outfit, and that's how I knew they'd used the same clip. Like you say you've just gotta love this show, as I do - now if only we could get season three released onto DVD, that would be something wouldn't it.

Laura
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: