[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

"Pre-Purchase Program" idea TPF 3 & 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Ask The Webmasters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JH
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: "Pre-Purchase Program" idea TPF 3 & 4 Reply with quote

I wish there was a program for pre-purchasing these yet to be released seasons on dvd through Sony. Therefore they are guaranteed the money prior to manufacturing the discs. This would probably make sense from a business stand point, where they would only produce a small limited run for us, the niche audience. Sony would be guaranteed the money through the "Pre-Purchase Program" and have an estimate of what funds would be available to produce these limited releases. This would also greatly benefit Sony in the PR department, highlighting the fact that they are dedicated to their audience. This is just an idea that I had and would love to see come to fruition, from a business standpoint, I am not sure if it is at all possible for Sony or any company for that matter to accomplish.
I'm sure it is wishful thinking on my part. What do you think Scott? Is there someone at Sony, this could be pitched to?
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think any idea that helps get this material released is worth a shot. I'd worry that not enough people would pre-order though -- proving to Sony that it's not going to do well. Laughing

I'm assuming that they'd need a much larger advance sale than any of us could guarantee. Plus, I *think* they get advance sales orders from retailers when they announce a title to the trades, too. But what do I know? I was 100% Season 3 was being released on June 29.

BTW: I heard from a friend that was talking with Sony (about an unrelated project). He was told that the PF was pulled from their release schedule. So, the chatter suggesting the initial information I provided was false is just not true.
Randy64
Official Bus Driver

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for that bit of information, Scott. So, the PF S3 was on the schedule but has been removed. Any idea why they had second thoughts?
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Scott: Cool

Thanks for the latest info, as usual. Also, does this mean that Sony Rolling Eyes plans to FINALLY (EVENTUALLY?) release TPF S3 on DVD? Surprised Shocked Very Happy

Not to back you into a corner, or anything (well, not TOO much anyhow), but INQUIRING minds wanna know!! Wink
Randy64
Official Bus Driver

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Scott. I forgot for a moment that you always share whatever information you have when you have it concerning DVD releases. My faux pas for asking a follow-up question. Embarassed
JH
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott, I appreciate your thoughtful response. I would love to see this mentioned to Sony, because I will get as many people as I know to pre-purchase these disks, as I am sure most of the fans on this site will do the same.
lisa
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="JH"]Scott, I appreciate your thoughtful response. I would love to see this mentioned to Sony, because I will get as many people as I know to pre-purchase these disks, as I am sure most of the fans on this site will do the same.[/quote]i would purchase tpf3@4 to scott when i went to the welcometocomongethappy.com it said tpfamily3 will be release on june26-2007- what up with that and i email sonny to about it but didnt have a respond back yet ........lisa thank you scott i you can email back on that it catlady20003@hotmail.com thank you lisa
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Ask The Webmasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: