[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Favourite line(s) from PF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject: Favourite line(s) from PF Reply with quote

Thought I'd start a new topic. What is your favourite line or lines from, the PF and why. I'll start the ball rolling, my favourite lines are from season one and it's from the pilot episode where, the family are just about to go on. I like the bit where the family are back stage, and Shirley says she cant move her mouth, obviously the kids aren't too concerned about this, but the few lines I like from this scene, are as follows:

Shirley: Aren't you kids nervous at all?
Laurie: No
Danny: Why should we be nervous? We're terrific!

The whole scene just cracks me up everytime I see it (and I've watched it several times). There is a line I like from season two as well and that's the line, where Keith says, It all started when I lost my pickle. I love this line because David was really brilliant - a dead pan expression on his face when, he said the line. It is so funny.

It's over to you guys now.

Laura
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And not only that, you ruined my soufflee.
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, guys: Very Happy

There are SO MANY, aren't there! At the moment I'm going with:

KEITH to SHIRLEY (upon discovering the bald spot in his scalp): Mom, you're not going to convince me I've misplaced it!

Breaks me every time! Laughing Laughing Laughing
gelbwaksunsung
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Christopher has been observing some not so savory aspects of Whiplash Willie, and tries to "sue" Shriley.
The haggling comes down to:
Shirley: "How about a spanking."
Christopher: "How about we forget the whole thing."
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject: Favourite line(s) from PF Reply with quote

Those two, replies were really great to read. I've just looked at the poll I created. I've noticed that the one with Keith being pelted with black garters, is way in the lead. I wonder who one of the two, voters were Daydreamer72 Wink Wink Wink need I say more.

Laura
gelbwaksunsung
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is (a little) off topic, because I don't know the actual quote, and I don't even remember the plot of the episode, but it has to do with Danny freaking Keith out little by little. When all is said and done, Keith says to him, and I am paraphrasing "Danny, you did a 'Gaslight' on me!"

I remember seeing this episode, and asking my Mom, "what does doing a 'Gaslight' mean?" My Mom then told me about this classic gothic thriller where Charles Boyer tries to drive Ingrid Bergman out of her mind through the power of suggestion.
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Favourite line(s) from PF Reply with quote

That line is from the episode - I Can Get For You Retail, where Chris and Danny are collecting items, of Keiths to sell at auction. I think the quote from Keith is "Danny didn't, you realise I was in the middle of Gaslight." That is a great episode, and I think that David was at his comedic best in this episode.

Laura
gelbwaksunsung
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Laura.

For what it is worth, I recommend "Gaslight" to anyone who wants to see a classic psychological thriller. It is available on Warner Home video.
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Favourite line(s) from PF Reply with quote

You're very welcome, glad I could be of some service gelbwaksunsung. Smile
I've actually watched that film, you mentioned - although it was a long time ago. I've been thinking of getting that film for quite sometime. It's a good film

Laura
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Laura: Very Happy

Nice one, "outting" me as one of the voters of this PF Poll! Embarassed Shocked Laughing Still and all, I think I got even with you in your
"Come On, Love" thread, as I'm sure you'll see. Twisted Evil Laughing

As for the "Gaslight" movie, there are 2 versions, mind. I've seen BOTH and found the Charles Boyer-Ingrid Bergman performance to be far superior to the original, IMHO. Wink
gelbwaksunsung
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daydreamer,

You have the double sided DVD, then?
The one with the version made in England (that follows the play)on one side, and the MGM version on the other side?

I've seen both also. I thought the difference in each was interesting.
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Gelbwaksunsung: Very Happy

I don't have EITHER on DVD, I'm afraid, Embarassed though I've seen BOTH versions on cable and preferred the latter with Boyer and Bergman.

I'm also a HUGE Leslie Howard fan, preferring his "versions" of "Of Human Bondage" (with the incomparable Bette Davis, of course) and "Pygmalion", though I wasn't able to see this performance from the beginning. But, again, I digress.... Laughing Laughing Laughing
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Favourite line(s) from PF Reply with quote

Iv'e only seen the Ingrid Bergman Charles Boyer version , but I've seen both versions of The Philidelphia story one with Katherine Hepburn and the lovely Jimmy Stewart and also the well known one High Society with Grace Kelly and Frank Sinatra.

As for you Daydreamer72, I knew it had to be you, that voted for the one with the pickle Wink Wink (and I'm sure you know what I mean by that, don't you hmm)

Laura
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: