[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

PF TV Movie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VintageFan

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: PF TV Movie Reply with quote

I don't know where to put this post, so forgive me if I posted it in the wrong place. I watched that behind the scenes television movie on PF and found it completely revolting. The actors and the acting were terrible. What was the consensus about the movie when it first came out. If DC was really as miserable and mean spirited as this movie portrayed him, then ugh! I have zero respect for him. DC should be grateful for PF. I simply cannot believe that he would have had any type of career had he not been aassociated with the show. The others were cartoon cutouts of their real self and the whole storyline was such a downer. Did any of the real actors comment on this movie?
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, the PF movie is awful! I doubt anyone would argue that! I am sure no one was as they were portrayed. It seemed to me they took one aspect of each person's personality and exaggerated it. DC's frustration, Shirley's "mom-ness," Jermey's brattiness, Susan mooning over DC. It was all cartoony. DC's movie is no better, BTW... it's just bad in other ways. Laughing
Lil' Lizzie Partridge05
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

Location: Either in SanPueblo,CA or getting on the bus being driven by the lovely Shirley to the next gig

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: I agree Reply with quote

does anyone else think they showed WAY too much Danny??? I do! I also think that they should have shown more Susan and Shirley. They show them as being almost exactly as their characters and that isn't true! I think that they need to either add more tho that movie or make another one. Any one think that?
Lizzie
Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checking in as one who didn't like either movie. Smile Lizzie, as for this particular movie, Danny produced it, and it was from his perspective, so he was the focus of the movie for that reason.
Logan Mays II
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: COME ON GET SAD Reply with quote

HI LOGAN MAYS II HERE I AGREE WITH VINTAGE FAN THE PF MOVIE COME ON GET HAPPY WAS NOT AN ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCE THE WHOLE THING SEEMED A LITTLE RUSHED TO ME AND MOST OF THE ACTORS WERE NOT VERY GOOD BUT REMEMBER THIS WAS A CHEAPLY MADE FOR TV MOVIE THE SHOWDOWN WITH THE BRADY BUNCH WAS A LOW POINT IN THIS VERY AVERAGE MOVIE . I DO THINK THE DAVID CASSIDY STORY WAS MUCH BETTER AND HAS SOME MERIT ALTHOUGH LIKE MOST MADE FOR TV MOVIES IT SKIMMED OVER A LOT OF THINGS I REALLY DID LIKE THE PERFORMANCE OF MALCOLM McDOWELL AS JACK CASSIDY I AM A BIG JACK CASSIDY FAN AND I CAN TELL YOU MALCOLM HAS DONE A GREAT JOB IN WHAT WAS A VERY TOUGH ROLE TO PLAY FILM IS WORTH WATCHING FOR HIS PERFORMANCE ALONE
LisaF63
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: PF TV Movie Reply with quote

Edit

Last edited by LisaF63 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like most biopics. These two flicks are examples of why. You can never just tell the simple truth in these things-it would be boring. So the people who were actually there say,"Oh come on-THAT didn't happen."
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Danny's PF movie was too "cartoony" but there were ellements of humour that I enjoyed. The actor playing one of the producers (I think it was tthe same guy who was the obnoxious teacher in IN & OUT with Kevin Kline) was funny. The scene when the cast are being suited in different outfits and eventually settling on blue velvet costumes was funny as 'David' comments, "Do we have to wear this? It looks ridiculous" or words to that effect.

I liked the actor playing Reuben/Dave Madden. And the kid playing Danny was terrific.

Ed
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the best parts of Danny's movie was when they were viewing the screen tests and the producer said "He's funnier than the writer"
Then he turns to look at the writer sitting next to him and says "Just Kidding" or something like that.

Darryl
Lil' Lizzie Partridge05
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

Location: Either in SanPueblo,CA or getting on the bus being driven by the lovely Shirley to the next gig

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well that explaines why it was totally focused around Danny. lol well I still think they could have better portrayed Shirley. Honestly do you think she was really like that??
Lizzie
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure she isn't Lizzie. I think it was all exaggeration. Smile
Lil' Lizzie Partridge05
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I truly think that they could have done a better job. But, since it was for TV I didn't expect perfection. So, I guessed right. The movie stunk. Oh well,
Lizzie
BILLONEEG
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Vintage Fan!
Don't fret about how the TV movie portrayed David Cassidy. I can pretty much guarantee it was overblown. Several years ago I stopped watching "Made For TV" movies because when "The Karen Carpenter Story" was shown on TV, Richard's character was made to look like a drug addict. When asked on one of the morning shows, the network representative said they did that because Richard's life wasn't exciting enough so they took "artistic liberties" when they made the movie. That was it for me. Never again will I watch a TV movie. More recently, the Donald Trump movie that just aired must have had "artistic liberties" utilized. When I first saw the promo ad for the movie, I laughed! somewhere in the ad Donald Trump says something like "I have a problem firing people". Gee! Was that put in there because his very popular two words nowadays is "You're Fired!"? Thank about it.
laurie partridge
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BILLONEEG wrote:
Several years ago I stopped watching "Made For TV" movies because when "The Karen Carpenter Story" was shown on TV, Richard's character was made to look like a drug addict. When asked on one of the morning shows, the network representative said they did that because Richard's life wasn't exciting enough so they took "artistic liberties" when they made the movie.

This is true, i watched the movie myself and they portrayed Richard in the same light they Painted David Cassidy in. Its the same in some reality TV shows, if the real-life character is too "boring" or "ordinary" then producers will go out of their way to create an image (Mostly a bad one) to keep the audience entertained and gain higher financial sucess, which at the end of the day is what it's really about rather than telling the story.
imaginedani
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: movie Reply with quote

I have seen Danny's movie, but not David's.

I didn't mind Dannys i laughed a few times but i did think half of it was silly, the characters just didn't seem right. Like when Shirley told Danny to go to his room, on set? that didn't really happen?!

C'mon GET HAPPY! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: