[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Friday night line up (circa early 1970s, that is...)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gelbwaksunsung
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Friday night line up (circa early 1970s, that is...) Reply with quote

I have only just joined, but checking some of these posts has brought back many memories, such as how "The Partridge Family" was part of ABC's Friday night line-up. "The Brady Bunch", "Nanny and the Professor", "The Odd Couple", and "Love American Style" rounded out that night's programming.
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Gelbwaksunsung:

And, as Scott said earlier, WELCOME!!

I know just what you mean about the nostalgia factor. Those WERE great times, weren't they. Or, at least, EXCITING anyway. I can't help but wonder WHY the powers that be can't manage the same kind of cool Friday night line-ups nowadays. Even a little "Must See TV" again would be welcome. But, perhaps that's just my age showing, I don't know. Oh, well, thank God for Classic TV on DVD!! AND this wonderful site as it's ALWAYS good to have another fan aboard the big, Mondrian bus!! Plenty of root beer, pickles and burritos for everyone! ENJOY!!
gelbwaksunsung
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Daydreamer72!

I also have vague memories of some of the ads they ran...
Hammer beverages was one.
And of course when a Hollywood movie was making its TV debut (this, in the pre-cable and video era), and what a BIG thing it was! ("The Guns of Navarone" sticks in my mind as one of the movies premiering on ABC.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: