[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

All Time Favourite PF Episode
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goodyj
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody else has nominated it yet, but the episode that gets me every time is the whale song episode. It made such an impact on me that when it reran that season, I borrowed my dad's reel to reel tape recorder and audio taped the whole episode. I wish I still had it, but it's long gone. Still the "feet of clay" backstory and the chance to hear Shirley sing was great.

Thinking about this also brings to mind the "Mrs. Neugast" episode and the "Mother of the Year" episode which were also sweet scripts about how the characters touched the lives of others. And since I'm rambling, I also want to mention the episode where Shirley leaves the group so the kids can tour Europe. That was a good one too.....

OOOOOOOOh there are too many to choose from!!!

Jeff
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: All Time Favourite PF Episode Reply with quote

I'm surprised you didn't know, that David was afraid of heights ilovekeith. If you visit David's website and then click on past news articles he mentions it in one of the articles, in fact when he took over from Michael Crawford in the show EFX he, got a hypnotist to help him conquer his fear of heights, in fact Beau his son is also afraid of heights. There is also another fact which I found out about David is that he is allergic to Garlic as well, I can't remember where I found this fact out, but I must of read it on his website somewhere or in some article. I hope that this info is helpful to you ilovekeith.

Laura
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A random thought at 4:30 in the morning...I would rather be afraid of heights, like Dave...than to be afraid of depth..like Paris. Wink. Okay, that was lame, but did I mention it's 4:30?

Very Happy 4:34.
map
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine would have to be swiss family Partridge
IloveKeith
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, thank you Laura it did help me. Yeah, I don't know how I didn't know that, I thought I knew everything about him :[ but now I just have to study harder :]
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: All Time Favorite PF Episode Reply with quote

There are sooooo many I can't even begin a proper catagorization--least of all without reviewing the remaining two seasons Twisted Evil
after all, it's been a good, long while. But I will admit that, of course, all my personal favorites revolved around David. In Season 2's "A Tale of Two Hamsters", I recall the pretty brunette in the department store scene who thanked Keith for signing her LP, then was trailed by the camera out of sight as the girl who won Tiger Beat's contest of that year, "Win A Chance To Kiss David", or something to that effect. I recall the photo lay-out, and the related articles (Lots of great, behind-the-scenes stuff) in TB; I also recall being so freakin' envious Evil or Very Mad
of her at the time I wanted to die.

Now, I'd just like to her adult take on the overall experience of not only meeting David, but the entire cast and crew; the whole studio tour thing. Cool
Anybody have any contacts with this woman? I think an interview would be great. It was a classic episode as well. Thanks again. Wink
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click on this link:

http://www.cmongethappy.com/eguide/smilecontest.htm

And it will pull up three thumbnail-sized photos. If you click on each of the photos, you will be able to read the story of Karen Lee Bowman, winner of the Tiger Beat Smile Contest.

There's lots of stuff like this on the site. This story was linked from the "Tale of Two Hamsters" episode synopsis in Season Two of the Episode Guide on the website. Scroll down to "Tube Trivia" and you can read more about the episode. Very Happy
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: What's Your Favorite PF Episode? Reply with quote

Damn, Scott, you the man! Cool
Is there ANYTHING related to the show you guys HAVEN'T covered, or DON'T have access to??? This place is soooo cool, can't believe I'm here (repeatedly) Embarassed
It's like the nerd who finally gets entree into the cool kids' circle (like THEE lunch table in the school cafeteria). Only better as this REALLY is where I wanna be. ::::Sigh::::I'm finally home. Very Happy
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so true, Daydreamer! I don't know how we got along for so long with no place to let our inner Partridge fly!!! (Do partridges fly? I should know this!

"As God is my witness, I thought partridges could fly!"
--TVGordon Jump Wink
JMAR5
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, that's a hard one. There are so many I like, but I would have to say "Keith and Lauriebelle" was pretty funny. "Waiting for Bolero" would probably be another one. I grew up in the Cincinnati area, so the Kings Island episode holds a special place as well.

"Guess Who's Coming to Drive" and "None but the Lonely" are 2 other faves of mine.
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: All Time Favourite PF Episode Reply with quote

I know I started this thread, but my all time PF ep is The Memory Lingers On - from season one. I love the look on Keiths face when, Reuben turns to him and says "Keith Are you still polluted" and then Keith says "Yes but, I wish you'd not put it quite like that". I gets me going all the time.

Laura
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But ... but ... but ... you said your favorite episode was "I Can Get It For You Retail." Are you that fickle for Keith's pickle?!?! Confused
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

That was wrong, Scott Cool. That was just plain WRRRRONNNNG. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: All Time Favourite PF Episode Reply with quote

I know I Said that my all time fav ep was "I Can Get For You Retail" Embarassed Embarassed Scott but, my other fav is "The Memory Lingers On", okay Scott. Speaking of whixh what is your all time fav ep Scott?

Laura
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: