[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Laugh Tracks
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dundoleo
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly wish I could find those laughs in digital format. I am fascinated with 70s era sounds from TV shows, espcially of the Screen Gems variety. I totally dig the musical cues used on these shows, and on many of them, they were readily interchanged.
Same thing went for the laugh tracks. Don't know why, but I totally dug the 1971-1975 era laugh tracks. Yeah, a deaf person could pick out the laughs, but they had a distinctive 70s sound to them (don't ask me to explain!). By the late 70s/early 80s, the laughs were too generic and had a 'dead' quality about them. Very few 'classic' comedy shows from the 80s that will stand the test of time.
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Laughing Reply with quote

I don't know....maybe it's just me, but laugh tracks have more of a homey feel to them. (Although it would be a lot of people in your home!). But still a more comfortable sound. Even the "filmed before and live audience" had a different sound than they do now. Maybe what I am trying to say is that I think the laugh tracks were free of all the gimmicky hype of "pumping the audience up" like they do nowadays. More of a genuine sound I guess is what I am trying to say......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: