[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Accessing More Emoticons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Ask The Webmasters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Accessing More Emoticons Reply with quote

I feel distinctly like an idiot asking this, but know I must: How do I access those Emoticons shown as indicated in "View More Emoticons"? Once I go to that page and try to pick from the icons there, nothing happens: I choose one, press my access key ("return" on my WEB TV keyboard) and the "surrounded" icon remains where it is, the "box" around it not even changing color, merely blinking when I attempt to click it on. Am I doing something wrong, or is this equipment just unable to access those extras? Would appreciate any explanation available as it's driving me nuts. Thanks in advance for your assistance in this matter.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't visualize your webtv browser, so I don't think I can help. But on my screen, when I click on "View more emoticons," a separate box opens up with the rest of them in there. Then, I can double click on any of them to add to a post.

I am not sure how it works on PCs or a webtv browser, though.
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for getting back to me, Scott, I appreciate it. Just tried your suggestion--to no avail Mad Oh, well, live and learn. Guess I'll just have to get happy with what's available to me (not a bad idea in ANY circumstance now that I consider it). Thanks, again, for trying anyway. Laughing
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have WebTV and the second set of emoticons doesn't work. In fact sometimes the first set doesn't work either. Some days it does and some days it doesn't. I just tried one and today is one of those days (or hours or minutes) when it doesn't work.
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Accessing More Emoticons Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback, Marjorie63, so nice to know I'm NOT THE ONLY ONE out there with this system. Until you posted, I was beginning to feel like a Beta Max user among a sea of state-of-the-art, plasma screened, DVD techies/owners (Have you SEEN some of the stuff they discuss in other columns here, it's like you need a degree in Computer Sciences or something: Impressive, but intimidating as hell to a neophyte/technophobe like yours truly! YIKES!!). Rolling Eyes Embarassed

I sympathize completely with the on-again, off-again nature of the problems you, too, sometimes experience with YOUR Web TV. Been having so many problems with mine this past week, I was on a first-name basis with EVERYONE at Technical Support, as well as receiving TWO visits from the phone
company to check out not only my outside phone line, but also to replace my phone jack. Had the SAME technican here TWICE within the past week. If he has to make any more visits people will begin to talk Rolling Eyes. Half the time I couldn't get on line without calling tech support and running the gamut of tests they have. I heard everything from my modem being burned out to the suggestion I actually move to an area where there are more dial-up terminals available (Hell, I live in L.A., not the dark side of the moon, what are they TALKING about?!?) Shocked The long and the short of it seems to be the usual: It all depends on who you talk to. Presently, everything is fine (PRESENTLY), but I've come to believe that those who originally suggested I might merely need a new phone cord might just be right as I continue to have trouble getting online unless I "reposition" the cord at the entrance to the jack. There's probably a short in it. Hopefully, I won't short out the system before I get around to getting a new one. Rolling Eyes

Thanks again, Scott, for all your efforts. And you, Marjorie63, thanks for letting me vent. Hopefully, your experience will be better than mine (I've only been online a month). I don't know which model you own, but I understand the new MSN 2 is much better overall, of course (not a financial option for me at the moment, but I would if I could, believe me). Laughing
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your pop up settings- they may be blocked
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CassidyDiva wrote:
Check your pop up settings- they may be blocked

There are no "pop up settings" on WebTV as we don't get pop ups per se.

I've had WebTV for six years and it's pretty much useless now. I've been lucky though, the few problems I've had with it always seem to work themselves out and I've never had to call tech support. I was hoping to get a computer in the next few months but now my cat got sick so thats about $800 in unexpected vet bills. Someday I'll get a computer but I've been saying that for years!! Smile

When the WebTV 2 first came out, I was seriously thinking of getting one but I read so many bad things about it that I decided against it. If you haven't already, click on "discuss" on your homepage and then click on "WebTV" to get to a discussion group about WebTV. You'll evenutally see a lot about WebTV 2 and how it's got lots of problems.

Good luck Daydreamer72 on getting your unit working correctly.
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Accessing More Emoticons Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the input, Marjorie63, I'll definitely look into it. You HAVE been lucky not needing tech support in six years! Gives me hope for my future with my own little system here (As much as I complain about it, I'd be LOST without the damned thing--AND this website and the wonderful people here). Razz Maybe someday (pardon the pun) I, too, will actually find myself before a real computer (it's a goal anyway), but in the meantime...

So sorry to hear about your cat (Pets are so much like family, aren't they?), but am glad to know he/she is doing better. You know, they really ought to have pet insurance in this day and age, but that's another story. Anyway, thanks again for being there. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Ask The Webmasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: