[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Season One Episodes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Season One Partridge Family Episodes Reply with quote

I was watching the episode "Go Directly to Jail" and, right at the end of the episode when all the family are in the sitting room, Reuben knocks on the door - my question is this, how can he open the door from the outside when, it is quite obviously locked from the outside Confused Confused Confused

Also in answer to one question, which was asked - I can't remember all the younger kids in the show went to regular school, I know that Danny Bonaduce went to regular school, because this is mentioned in DC's book. I hope that answers your question. I'm sure Scott was going to answer that question but sorry Scott I got in before you sorry.

Laura Lambert
Lainey
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Danny and the rest of the gang went to regular school when the seasons taping was completed but had tutors on the set while filming. That's my take anyway.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lainey wrote:
I think Danny and the rest of the gang went to regular school when the seasons taping was completed but had tutors on the set while filming. That's my take anyway.

Yes, this is correct. Their on-set teacher was named Juel Anderson. Their school was in a converted railroad car, near the Western set. There are photos of them in school in each of their interviews in the People and Places section.:D

A lot of Season One was completed prior to September. Not the entire season, though -- I'm sure the network would have ordered 13 episodes, and if ratings were good, ordered the back end after that. Usually, production starts rolling in August, for a September debut. Production would have wrapped sometime in March/April at which point the kids would return to their regular school (public or private, whichever they were enrolled in.)
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Lane Bradbury Reply with quote

Stuckinthe'70s wrote:
Scott, you met Lane Bradbury! How awesome! She was the original Baby June in Ethel Merman's "Gypsy"... is she still married to Lou Antonio? Is an interview in the works?

Doesn't she run some dance therapy program?

Looking forward...Smile

I haven't talked with her at length, so I don't know the answers to most of your questions. But, she does still run a dance company in LA.

I don't think an all-out interview is needed, but she's certainly willing to talk to us about her experience on "The Partridge Family." She remembers quite alot, too. My hope is to -- one day -- create a section where guest stars reminisce about their experiences filming the episode(s) they were in. Very Happy
Stuckinthe'70s
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: show Reply with quote

It's funny how many times and places the waitress appears. (Don't have her name.)
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Season One Partridge Family Episodes Reply with quote

lauralambert wrote:
I was watching the episode "Go Directly to Jail" and, right at the end of the episode when all the family are in the sitting room, Reuben knocks on the door - my question is this, how can he open the door from the outside when, it is quite obviously locked from the outside Confused Confused :
Laura Lambert

Laura, I wasn't sure what you were talking about here so I watched the episode. Reuben knocks on the door and then walks in. What makes you think that the door is locked? Could this confusion be due to a difference in the way doors lock in Britain versus the U.S. Sounds like a stupid question but I'm just curious. Smile
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:12 am    Post subject: Re:Go Directly To Jail Reply with quote

In answere to your question margorie63, what I was talking about was when the two younger kids - Chris and Tracy say "I'll get it" Reuben then says "I'll get it" and then promply opens the door without a key, hence why I said the door couldn't be opened by Reuben from the outside. Smile Smile

[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: