[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Rolling Stone song in the Laurie has braces episode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunshine eyes
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Rolling Stone song in the Laurie has braces episode Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone knows what Rolling Stones song Laurie heard through her braces. The episode was shot in 1971 I think so it could be something off of Sticky Fingers but more likley something off of Let It Bleed. My guess would be "You Can't Always Get What You Want."
RayRayNY
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a good one, I assume you mean the music that was playing when she pulled out the earphone. That really isn't the Rolling Stones, but I always thought it sounded like a vague knock-off of "Brown Sugar". I noticed that they use the same song when Laurie and Wendell go to the school dance in the second season. Probably just stock music from the production companies library when they didn't want to pay for the rights to use something expensive.
Matthew C. Clark
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: "Brown Sugar" Reply with quote

The Rolling Stones song "Brown Sugar" wasn't released until February of 1971.
RayRayNY
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL nonetheless, that is what is sounds like, and it is the same song used in the second season. Frankly I don't think they really cared much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: