[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

The First Album Cover

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BILLONEEG
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: The First Album Cover Reply with quote

In episode #4 ("See Here, Private Partridge") at the end, Reuben brings to the house their first album. When the front & back were shown I noticed it wasn't the same cover art that we know on our LP's. Whatever happened to the original artwork? I'd like to see them put it to use (maybe as a "Partridge Family Early Years" compilation. I think it would have meant much more if the album Reuben brought was the actual first album that we know.
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: It was just part of the plot... Reply with quote

Probably because it was just created for the show. The first season episodes were filmed in the spring/summer of 1970, more than likely, long before the first (red) Album was even conceived much less designed -- ITILY wasn't even released until that fall! Smile

It was just a prop made per the script for the show. It never really "existed" as an album -- but oh, what a cool collectible it would be! Very Happy
Mr Zoob
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was fascinated with the fictional "1st album," too. I kept pausing it to try and see the cover more clearly. It looks like it was a photo of them painting the bus, doesn't it? Anyone have other thoughts? It was cool to see it so clearly.
John
Punky
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Original Album Artwork Reply with quote

My original version of "The Ultimate Partridge Family Collection" CD was a replication of that album. I later stopped using it, even though it was kinda cool using the pic of them painting the bus, it really wasn't a very strong design. I eventually settled on Sandy's birds with a black background. Oh, and some original liner notes on the back! (You gotta have liner notes...)
;o)~
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Original Album Artwork Reply with quote

Punky wrote:
My original version of "The Ultimate Partridge Family Collection" CD was a replication of that album. I later stopped using it, even though it was kinda cool using the pic of them painting the bus, it really wasn't a very strong design. I eventually settled on Sandy's birds with a black background. Oh, and some original liner notes on the back! (You gotta have liner notes...)
;o)~

I always thought of using that for David's first solo LP, with the head replaced with David's, a crown on his head & the title "Partridge Prince"
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: