[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

How often do you watch PF?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: TV DVD Slippage Reply with quote

Skizzy Fleameyer wrote:
<snip> I mean, they dumped the Brady Bunch complete series fairly quickly (haven't bought or seen any of them. Enjoyed Bradys on TV. Not enough to buy on DVD). <snip>

Paramount seems to do that. release all the seasons in a year. They did that with the Star Trek's too and three of those were 7 season series (was that a big expense per year) . Nobody else seems to release them that quickly although I have seen 2 seasons combined when the seasons are short like Moonlighting which was a midseason its first year and the upcoming Adventures of Superman where 3rd and 4th season are only 13 episodes each.

PF started out with 2 in the first year. We'll have to see Sony does next. Mad
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its funny while I have both seasons on DVD I really don't watch them very much. But I have to say that about most of my DVD TV collection.

WHATS HAPPENING 1st season DVD once. Now that it is on Nick I don't really need to bother with the DVD. And there is only so much of "Dee", "Rerun" & company I can take!

SONNY & CHER collection once. I'm really surprised that my interest level is so low on my favorite tv couple of the 70's! Though its a good collection of shows.

PROVIDENCE - THis is a collection of the best shows from the whole series and a good buy. I've watched these maybe once, some twice. Unfotunately the theme music (a cover of the Beatles, "In my life" was replaced by another song by the same singer).

MAD ABOUT YOU once. Its a good sitcom and the collection of the 21 best episodes package is a good idea. I'm disappointed in the extra features. This was an attempt to interviews Paul Reiser and Helen Hunt, but Hunt barely participates other than a "oh yeah, remember when we did that?".

HERES LUCY - Im not a big Lucy fan but this one seems to be one I'll pull out more often - and not just for the Donny OSmond episode!

LUCY SHOW - The same goes here - lots of great stuff on this 3 disc set.

BRADY BUNCH - Similarly to the PF I have watched Season one once but haven't been motivated to buy additional seasons yet - eventually I will.

I'm looking forward to the LIFE GOES ON dvd that should come out in May.

Any of the tv show dvd purchases I make are dictated by price - I just can't see paying $39 a shot for one season of a show - especially if it runs more than 5 years! I realize the costs to produce and market are incredibly high - but sheesh!

Ed
ilovedavidcassidy

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When there is nothing good on and it is a crappy day out!
Sunshine78
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't watch it in a long time, but I play the albums all the time Embarassed
Wingspan91089
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a lot of tv shows on dvd:
the partridge family (all so farr)
full house (all so far)
the monkees (both seasons)
Seinfeld (all so far)
MacGyver (all so far)
three's company (all so far)
Rockford Files (all so far)
The Brady Bunch (all)
Bewitched (all so far)
Dallas (all so far)
Beverly Hillbillies (certain episodes)
I LOve Lucy (the fourth)
The Lucy Show (the best of)
Hogans Heros (all so far)
Moonlighting (all so far)
What's Happening (all 3 seasons)
Heart To Heart (all so far)
The Dinosaurs (all so far)
Gilligan's Island (all)
Remington Steele (all so far)
Sanford and Son (6th season)
Mr. Ed (1st season)
Green Acres (1st season)
Taxi (2nd and 3rd Seasons)
Growing Pains (all so far)

I don't watch all of these tv shows- most of them belong to my mother. I watch PF nearly everyday. I have a lot more freetime now because it is summer vacation, so now i usually stay up late watching these old tv shows! Laughing
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: HERKY MOLINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Hey kids!

I watched a tape last night of episode 69 --
Everything You Wanted To Know About Sex . . . But Couldn't Pronounce.

I cracked up because Keith tries to explain to his teacher why he missed the final exam.... and that he and HERKY MOLINA ran over a chicken on the way to school! I never knew which eps. that name came from, but I caught it last night! Greeley Winger is mentioned as well. Who made up these names??? I still want to know who Hemmy Frock is!

Laughing Laughing

Lu
babycakes
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been watching the DVDs every single night. One night I watched about 6 episodes in a row. I am now into the 2nd season of the DVDs and have really enjoyed re-watching the shows. I can't believe how many different guest stars they had on their show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: