[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Call her Dr. Shirley!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suzique

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Call her Dr. Shirley!! Reply with quote

Shirley Jones will receive an honorary doctor degree in Fine Arts today (May 21) from Washington and Jefferson College. The prestigious liberal arts college is located in Washington, PA, near Shirley's hometown of Smithton, PA. The story on line is located at www.observer-reporter.com
Shirley is in town staying with friends.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the article, in case the link goes away with tomorrow's edition:

Shirley Jones comes full circle with W&J honor
BY KAREN MANSFIELD, Staff writer

karenm@observer-reporter.com

Shirley Jones has won an Academy Award, been nominated for Emmy awards and enjoyed a long, successful career in music and film, but she does have one regret: She never earned a college degree.

So it was easy for Jones, a Smithton native, to get happy when Washington & Jefferson College's president, Dr. Tori Haring-Smith, called to inform her the college was conferring upon her an honorary doctor of fine arts degree at W&J's 206th annual commencement today.

"I'm thrilled. It means so much to me," said Jones. "This is my home state, Washington's practically my hometown, and I've had a lot of relatives graduate from W&J. It's a very special place, and I believe my father went there for a year. It's doubly wonderful because I have a lot of relatives coming and my cousin's granddaughter, Julie Hogan, is graduating from W&J."

Jones said she planned on becoming a veterinarian after she graduated from South Huntington High School in Westmoreland County. She borrowed $160 from her father
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: