[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Strange DC record
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Garage: Merchandise & Other Fun Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I SO hope that this gets released on cd eventually, particularly for the stellar track that is Bedtime, one of DC's finest, IMHO. Cool
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bedtime is a beautiful song. Crying or Very sad
I heard somewhere that this album may be released in Japan.
Can't confirm just yet. It may have only been rumour talk.
Will check.

Darryl
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David's version of "Tomorrow" is actually better than WINGS. David really gets into it and makes it more soulful, while Paul's version is more poppy. There is a Wings bootleg of a live performance which is more soulful!

WINGS recorded "Tomorrow" as part of the 1971 debut album, "Wild Life" and I'd recommend that you pick up the WINGSPAN greatest hits package if you like Paul/Wings solo stuff.

With all respect to the memory of Linda McCartney, she is credited as a songwriter for 'Royalty" reasons! Y'see the McCartney's were just getting by circa 1971 as the Beatles lawsuits were flying left and right and their royalies were all tied up!

Anyway.....
(As Ed remember this is a Partridge Family bulletin board and not a McCartney board....)

Run do not walk and pick up DC's "When I'm a Rock n Roll Star" cd which is a compilation of the best of his RCA recordings and includes his terrific cover of "Tomorrow"!!

And now you know the 'rest of the story'!

Don't let me down tomorrow.............

Ed
partridgepal
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dudes, from what I had read earlier, BMG Japan will be releasing "Home" and "Streets" over the next few years. What I read was over a five year period and that was when they released "Dreams" so keep your chins up and ears open! Also keep an eye on the Japanese David Site!

Partridgepal :D

P.S. Joey and Chez......you guys slay me! You are a laugh a minute!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Garage: Merchandise & Other Fun Stuff All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: