[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

The Worth of "The World Of The Partridge Family"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Garage: Merchandise & Other Fun Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenbubblegumkid
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: The Worth of "The World Of The Partridge Family" Reply with quote

I was on Ebay today and just for the heck of it, I looked up The World Of The Partridge Family just to see what it was worth. I have a sealed copy which I've had for 20 years or so and not that I would ever sell it, but was surprised to see that it went for about $8.00 and change. It was not a mint copy and it said that it had some scuffs on the albums and the cover was slightly bent-so maybe that's why it is so cheap.

Was wondering what a sealed copy of this is worth.
Ken
Jesse
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: The Worth of "The World Of The Partridge Family&quo Reply with quote

kenbubblegumkid wrote:
I was on Ebay today and just for the heck of it, I looked up The World Of The Partridge Family just to see what it was worth. I have a sealed copy which I've had for 20 years or so and not that I would ever sell it, but was surprised to see that it went for about $8.00 and change. It was not a mint copy and it said that it had some scuffs on the albums and the cover was slightly bent-so maybe that's why it is so cheap.

Was wondering what a sealed copy of this is worth.
Ken

maybe $12.00-$20.00?

!#~I Love David Cassidy~#!
panther2200
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a sealed copy off of eBay about two years ago for $18.00, but have seen them go for more!
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would estimate a bit higher.
$25-35. If it looks like you just got it from the store.
Brand new and no cut-out marks. closer to $35-40.
Just my opinion as a record collector.

Darryl
kenbubblegumkid
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I'm not selling it anyway but was just wondering.
Ken
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. Gotta check my collection though.
To see if I have it sealed.
I know I have an open copy. I may even have a promo copy.

Darryl
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: World of TPF Reply with quote

Hey guys, out here in LA we have an amazing store called Amoeba. It is in this huge warehouse of a building on Sunset Blvd. If ever planning a visit to California, I highly recommend putting this store on your list to visit. There are also 2 stores up San Fran way. I brought a decent copy of "TWoTPF" about a year ago for $4.00, got it home only to my chagrin that it only had 1 of the double records in it. Hence the 4 bucks. However this did not bum me out, cause I have a fairly pristine copy back at my mom's house that I bought when the LP first was released. That's what I get for not reading the store sticker on the cover. It clearly said 1 record was inside. Don't know how I didn't see it, but I didn't. To my amazement I found another copy a little more than 2 weeks later! This one had BOTH records in it. Picked it up for $10.00! And It was in good condition as well! So The copy I picked up was opened in good shape for a sawbuck. Sealed most likely would be probably double the price.
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: TWOTPF Reply with quote

Picked up another copy of "The World of...." a few weeks ago. This one had the sticker on it that said 'Special 2 Record Set' on it. Yeah I know...lame. But it was $5 bucks, couldn't resist it. But what pisses me off is that I had a copy of the Christmas album with the card printed on the cover for $1.00 and I put it back because it was in crappy condition. But I had never actually seen one before. I have 2, and the card can be removed. So I tossed and turned about it all night, and decided...first thing in the morning, go back and get it when the doors open up. Doors open, I go to the holiday section....gone! Nowhere to be found. Oh well, guess will have to wait until next holiday season. But you know what that means don'tcha? I will find one in BETTER condition!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Garage: Merchandise & Other Fun Stuff All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: