[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Suggestions Requested
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BonnieNY wrote:
PJ wrote:
Quote:
I thought that too.

Me too. I don't think his response was something that a newbie, who had never visited the site or the board, would come up with based only on the email in question.

Ditto, but I didn't want to start anything. Wink

Yep.. what Amy, PJ, and Bonnie said.
kenbubblegumkid
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott,

I think Marjorie said it best. I had thought the same thing she said which was how could you make your requests not to ask for future releases any more plain than posting it on the site asking not to ask.

As far as the automated response, I really can't think of any other alternative and I don't feel it's rude because of your requests not to ask.

The only thing that possibly comes to mind and I'm not sure if this could even be done is if there is any way to automate the response with the person's name at the top so maybe they will feel it's more personal. Again, I'm not sure if this could even be done but when an e-mail comes in to you, possibly there is a setting which will automatically register the person's name at the top of the automated response.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

Ken
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good idea for people to look over the FAQ page, but also the board FAQ page. I haven't looked at the later for a while. Probably the last time I had a question.
I was wondering about puting a picture inside my message from my computer. I went straight to the board FAQ page and found my answer. Wink

Darryl
NancyT501
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott, I'll add my vote that you did just fine! Jeez, I don't know what people expect? I think sometimes new people come to the site and just jump right on the message board without looking around first....but in this case....seems a bit of an overreaction on this guy's part. Please know that you, Mickey and Jennifer are greatly appreciated by the fans. We don't get enough opportunities to say it! This site is jammed packed with great info. that you couldn't possibly find anywhere else. Don't put any more pressure on yourselves. Thanks for all you do!

Nancy Smile
goodyj
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott,

To begin with, your automated response is appropriate in the case of oft asked questions.

In my little experience dealing with people who want something and are continually coming up empty handed, it is not unusual for them to strike out at whomever they feel is not giving them what they want. That being said, he lashed out at you because you did indeed respond.... just not with the answers he wanted. You and the other webmasters have worked so hard and long to make this site what it is, and I for one know that if there is ever any more info about the DVDs or Bulletin Board, I can find it here immediately. You guys are great.

Jeff
stevechapman
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott,
Looks good to me. Anyone that hangs around the board long enough knows that when it comes to release info, you pass it along as soon as you have the answer.The response you recieved puzzles me .(I know it did you too!) thats' a prime example of someone who has gone way overboard and took an automated response way too personal.
keep up the good work.
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bottom line to me is-no one should lash out at anyone over anything Partridge Family.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are plenty of people who are asking these questions that are not registered on the Bulletin Board and have no clue how often we get asked. (I received another inquiry about the release of "Bulletin Board" on CD this morning.) It's for these people that the automated response was created, as they really have no idea how frustrating it can be. I have changed the tone of the response to be much more upbeat, and added "Bulletin Board" to the mix.

I suppose the flip side to the argument is if I really haven't the time or patience to deal with the website and it's hassles, I shouldn't be involved. Confused

Thanks for all of your input!! Very Happy
panther2200
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a few people don't realize that Scott has a life that doesn't revolve around the PF, as do most of us. I'm sure that there are a lot of us who get sick and tired of the same questions, that are answered quite thoroughly on this site if the person asking the question would take the time to explore all it has to offer. Maybe it's a "I want it now" scenerio that's so prevalent today. There's so much info here, you could spend hours enjoying it all.

Don't sweat it Scott. Those of us who have enjoyed this site for years know that when it's official, it gets posted. Thank God for people like you, Jennifer, and Michael, who took an obscure but much loved TV show and made it possible for true fans to continue to enjoy it whenever they want. You guys are the best! Very Happy

Jeff
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There are plenty of people who are asking these questions that are not registered on the Bulletin Board and have no clue how often we get asked.

Personally, I've often wondered whether a couple of people out there in crazyland adopt aliases just for the pleasure of driving you nuts with these questions.
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Hey....C'mon Get Happy! Reply with quote

Ooh Boy....would not want to be in your shoes Scott.
But then again I would love to be in your shoes as well. Strange dicotomy.
I too feel that an automated response is perfectly okay. I have used automated reponses to FAQs for years. Since high school when girls would call up and ask if I was home. Had my little sister say I was not.
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever considered removing the contact information from the website? You're not running a public service--you don't have to allow people to contact you. If they can't email you, they'll probably look stuff up themselves. All the information everyone could possibly want to know about the PF is on the website. It's perfectly easy to find. People are just lazy.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's an option. But by doing that it means people with legitimate questions about the Message Board won't have a way to contact us. So it will alienate people who can't log on, for example. There will be no way of assisting people who actually want to join and participate. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a cut and dry solution. Confused
laurie partridge
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott,

Have you ever considered an e-mail form? That way you can hide the e-mail address to avoid stupid questions bieng forwarded whilst still having that window of contact with genuine fans who need your help.

It probably won't eradicate the problem completely, but it might slow down the flow Smile
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LP has a good idea there, Scott. And you can block pesty email addresses. It isn't your job.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: