[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

1,000,000 degrees of separation: Chris Elliot & The PF!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
allthatieverneeded
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: 1,000,000 degrees of separation: Chris Elliot & The PF! Reply with quote

Pardon me if this has been discussed before. Has anyone ever seen an oddity by Chris Elliot called "Action Family?"

If it sounds bizzare as you read this, it's even stranger to watch; so, in a rather large nutshell, here's how this thing links up the Partridge Family.

The video (I believe it was an HBO special) is a spoof of the family sitcom and those 70's cop/action/drama shows- blended into one show. Chris Elliot managed to blend the opening visuals and theme song parody of The Brady Bunch and car explosions to set the theme for what is to follow.

Stay with me; the show alternates between a videotaped-in-front-of-a-studio-audience family sitcom, and a take off on the gritty cop dramas as shot on film. When Family Man Chris is home, there is comic chaos along with the type of "electric" audience dynamic found on shows like "Happy Days" and "Good Times" (complete with over-extended applause and "editorial shout-outs!")

The capper is, there are two completey different story lines going on which actually come together and involves one of the daughters of the family. In spite of a rather violent ending, a moral has been learned and the family is happy once again, and laughing.

The part that had me going berserk (in a good way) is at the end. Chris Elliot must have watched A LOT of Partridge Family episodes. The show is wrapped up with the family "performing" the song, "Somebody Wants To Love You," with various cast members in attendance at the show, just like on all good PF episodes.

Reassuring glances are exchanged between family members and Chris Elliot is actually doing a combined role of Shirley AND Keith- I don't know how he works this, but its amazing. He even has Shirley's mannerisms down to the way she takes a bow!

My discription does absolutely no justice at all to the show- the saying "You have to see it to believe it" has never been truer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: