[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

The Episode "I Can Get For You Retail

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: The Episode "I Can Get For You Retail Reply with quote

Is my imagination, but I'm sure when Keith puts his toothbrush, in the bathroom it is blue and yet when Danny takes it from the bathroom it is pink. Confused

There is another mystery - well it's not a mystery as such - when Chris and Danny first go into the bathroom, the door is on the right hand side and, when Danny takes Keiths' toothbrush it is on the lefthand side. Can anyone solve this for me, I'm sure there is logical explanation to this which no doubt someone will come up will. Confused

I thought that I might put these two mysteries up for me. I must admit I am really enjoying the episodes, it brings back so many memories, I can't believe how funny the episodes are and, the songs still sound so great just as they did then.

I have just recently purchased the Cherish cd by DC and it sounds really great and I have just ordered the RocK Me Baby cd which I can't wait to receive - ah the seventies, boy that was a fun decade and to quote DC"It was a decade where people could still have fun" or words to that effect, I may have got the words wrong, but I'm sure everyone who reads this message will know what I mean. Smile

Laura Lambert
Maidstone, Kent
allthatieverneeded
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Laura; I can't really offer up an explanation except that the oddities you noticed are under the heading of "continuity."

On any televison show or movie, there are so many individual shots done: close-ups, long-shots, different angles, etc. It is very easy, if someone isn't watching carefully, to have things change position or in some cases, even have props come up missing, or clothing and hair styles mysteriously change within seconds. For example, I love watching "That Girl" because there are times where Marlo's hair has been mussed in one shot, and then the very next second, it's all back in place!

I believe there is someone on the set who is supposed to keep track of these things between shots, but again, mistakes creep in. It could be anywhere from minutes to hours, and in some cases days between different camera set-ups and shots for one scene, so you get these things happening. Hope this helps...
umbrellaman
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back then there weren't even VCRs, so I don't think anybody gave a lot of thought to continuity issues since they probably didn't think anybody might ever see the episodes again much less again and again. It probably in some cases would also have just been too expensive to reshoot scenes again. I was just watching the episode of The Brady Bunch where Greg wanted his own room, and when Carol suggested the attic, Mike said something about Greg needing to be 2 feet tall, and of course two seasons later the attic was much higher than 2 feet tall! Theres a lot of things like that in classic tv shows!
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think a lot of thought was given to continuity. In some series, there is even a credit to the person in charge of it. I just think some things fall through the cracks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: